Tuesday, January 23, 2007

jrock and bleach

Lately I've been listening to a whole bunch of japanese rock (aka jrock) songs, all of which are soundtracks of the anime series Bleach. It actually disturbs one of my sisters a bit, since she can't understand the lyrics of the songs. I don't blame her -- if I were'nt a Bleach fan, I probably won't like the songs either.

I guess it's because these songs bring me back to those moments, those themes that I so love about the anime series. Note that I am not an anime fan. Bleach is the only anime that I've ever been a fan of. Heck, it's the only anime I ever really watched.

Again, it's the themes. Of course, the comedy is also a big factor. But what really caught me are the themes of kinship, friendship, forming your resolve, and most specially, facing yourself and overcoming your inner demons. You probably have no idea what I'm talking about. That's alright, because I'd rather you watch the series and see for yourself. ;)

1 comment:

joyshe said...

Yep. Being a fan of Bleach myself, I perfectly understand what you mean.

And Movin' (Acoustic Version) definitely rocks. ^_^