Monday, April 09, 2007

movie marathon

I can't play any decent game over the internet because of the our intermittent connection (PLDT can really be a pain in the neck), so here I am making my weekly post.

So what have I done over the past few holidays? Well, except for coming to work in the middle of it, my girlfriend and I had a movie marathon. And here's a quick review of each film:

Take the Lead - 3/5
Antonio Banderas teaches dancing to a bunch of detention kids. Good movie, although the dancing parts weren't as great as I've imagined.

Fun with Dick and Jane - 4/5
Any comedy with Jim Carrey in it is sure to be fun. This movie does live up to it's name.

The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 4/5
The disc cover says something like "This movie is for those who have a past they'd rather forget." Because at the end of the movie, these people might not want to forget after all.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend 1/5
This movie got a 1 out of five because it has good special effects, and the other girl is cute. Other than that, it would've gotten a zero. I'm glad I never spent money to see it in the theaters. It's almost as bad as Miami Vice.

A Lot Like Love - 3/5
A good romantic comedy, though I've seen better.

High School Musical - 5/5
I wish I've seen this back when it was being aired in cable. Back then I thought it was just another kid's movie. But having seen it now, I realized it makes you feel young, and makes you wanna get up and sing and dance. And Vanessa Anne Hudgens is cute too, especially when she is singing.

4 comments:

chi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chi said...

i never thought that you'd enjoy high school musical :P

chrisb said...

That makes two of us. haha :D

high school musical high parin ako ngayon hehe XD

Unknown said...

hay nako. i would rate Super E-Girlfriend 0! such a nonsensical film! at least there was an eye candy pa for the boys, but for the girls, wala!!