Tuesday, May 08, 2007

on spiderman 3

The greatest battle cheese lies within.

A movie is good when it meets expectations. You want to get your money's worth when you pay to see a movie. When it's a horror film, you expect to get scared. When it's a romance or drama, you expect to be moved. When it's a comedy, you expect a lot of laughs. And when it's the third installment of an action-packed trilogy, you expect it to be just as great or even better than part one and two -- you expect it to end with a BANG.

You don't expect it to be cheesy as hell.

How did the trailers miss all the cheesyness? Or did they just leave those out on purpose? (Marketing can really be evil sometimes) The movie was so cheesy, it was depressing. I was rolling up my eyes so frequently I was afraid they'd roll out of their sockets! And those lines... what happened to their scriptwriter/line producer? Were they high when they were writing? I'd quote the lame cheesy lines here but I am really trying to forget that I ever heard them. And besides, I don't want to spoil the cheese for those who haven't seen the movie.

Seriously, if they were gonna make a movie for the kids, they should've at least given hints that it would be so. I mean, I can appreciate movies like The Incredibles and Shark Tale, but then I had expected them to more or less fall under that genre. With Spiderman 3, I was expecting depth, because of the apparent dark theme. I wasn't expecting cheese.

5 comments:

flavoredwater said...

hehe I sort of get what you mean.
=p

Although, like what my friend said, in the movie it's nice to see how "human" Peter Parker was, with his issues about relationships, forgiveness and revenge, the movie just wasn't that awesome.

Ang daming issues, naisip ko nga kung manhid ba ako pero di rin kasi ako naka-relate masyado. =p I got overwhelmed with all the emotional/cheesy stuff.

Anyways, chika lang..I'm trying muay thai now. Coolness! Kickboxing! Aaahyah!

I'm getting addicted to Heroes too! Haha have you watched that series?

Unknown said...

Heroes? One of my favorite shows lately! I download the episodes right after they air so I'm always updated :D Galing, lately the plot has become "oh so intricate" hehe

muay thai? galing ah..ako the only sport that i'm really good at is (still) running! haha XD

Jay said...

Re Spiderman: Hear, hear!

Re Heroes: Nakaka-addict nga... pero this last few episodes.. (yung episodes leading to the season clincher), medyo magulo na.. ang dami ng inconsistencies! im sure you know what i mean. hehe

Unknown said...

Nakaka-curious na yang heroes, ha. Tara chris! I wanna watch it na rin, but you have to wait for me before you continue with the other episodes. just kidding =)=)=)

By the way, maganda raw yung Shrek 3!! Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Jay: actually hindi ko pa pinanood yun latest episode..gusto ko tuloy tuloy na kasama un finale para di masyado bitin hehe..

Quilin: if you want, edi download mo nalang yun heroes..first season palang naman.saka naka-dsl ka na eh..hehe :)