Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Sun and the Moon

wasted time.
i can not say that i was ready for this.
but when worlds collide,
and all that i have is all that i want
the words seem to flow
and the thoughts they keep running.
and all that i have is yours.
all that i am is yours.

painted skies.
i've seen so many that cannot compare
to your ocean eyes.
the pictures you took
that cover your room,
and it was just like the sun
but more like the moon --
a light that can reach it all.
so now i'm branded for taking the fall.

so when you say "forever?"
can't you see --
you've already captured me.


I've been meaning to blog about this song ever since the first time I heard it. Then this morning, I woke up in tears with this song playing in my head so clearly that I thought it was playing from the nearby computer. I took it as a sign.

And yes, The Sun and the Moon is so beautiful that if you allow yourself to experience it note by note, you could cry. But don't take my word for it. Just listen to the song here. (If you like it, buy the album!)

And no, it's not a..religious song, in that it does not make any direct religious references. But it is a love song, so therefore it can be read as a song of faith. It's art, so there are many ways of interpreting it. For me, it's a multi-sensory aesthetic experience, which is actually what the band's name (Mae) stands for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chris! i love this song too.. thanks for sending it to me... and yes... i have cried... listening to this song... it so painfully beautiful... =)

--> chie here

Unknown said...

hi chie! :)

mas maganda if you listen to it in the album. continuous kasi sya with the epilogue track. :)