Friday, June 30, 2006

R

Grace had this post on her blog where she was given a letter, and was tasked to name ten words that begin with that letter. All those who wanted to be "tagged" were asked to reply so that a letter could be assigned to them. She gave me the letter R, so here I go. :)

1. reconciliation - when genuine, this can be a truly divine experience. (see previous post) ^_^

2. rest - *geek mode on* in physics, the state at which an object does not have any momentum. They say nothing is absolutely at rest, for all things are moving based on some reference point. *geek mode off* Rest comes in short supply nowadays. Thank God there is coffee! hehe

3. rock - a splendid musical genre. I particularly like EMO and punk rock and almost everything else that has 100mph drums and furious guitars.

4. remember - something that I have a hard time doing. I hated History and Chemistry because I'm not so good at memorizing stuff. At one time, I forgot where I put my phone and was frantically looking for it, only to realize that I was actually holding it in left hand!

5. real - " 'What is real?', asked the rabbit one day, when they were sitting side by side by the nursery fender, before nana came to tidy the room." The story of the velveteen rabbit starts with this question, and in the end he realizes that you are real when you are loved, even if you become worn, shabby and full of stitches in the process. I actually did the story as a declamation piece back in freshman highschool. Good thing I don't have a very good memory (see #4).

6. reset - a nifty feature in computer games where you can simply start everything over if you made choices that you didn't like, or replay a wonderful moment over again. Sometimes I wish life had a reset button, but then nostalgia and EMO would not exist, so never mind. :D

7. red horse beer - my favorite beer! It suits my taste, and I don't have to spend too much money just to get satisfied (napapagastos ako kapag lights lang. hehe). Two 500-mL bottles will do fine. :D

8. reading - I love to read. By this I mean light reading -- readings which does not require some level of cryptography, unlike topics on Electromagnetics and the Fundamental Option. Anyway, there's nothing like a good book. I'm currently reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, and I'm really having a hard time putting it down. The physics involved is just too much of a treat for the geek in me!

9. relationship - I think the quality of life is somehow proportional to the quality of the relationships one has. As a human being, relationships are inevitable and necessary, and by this I mean any relationship -- not only romantic ones. This is part of what it means to be a human being -- having a connection to someone other than oneself.

10. relish - During my five-day silent retreat in Baguio, we were taught to relish God's presence. I wish I never forget how it is to slow down and enjoy life as it passes by one moment at a time. This is so hard in the "real" world where the pace is so fast that people have a hard time having time for anything.


There, I'm finally done! If you want to get "tagged" just leave a comment here and I'll give you a letter to work on. ^_^

4 comments:

chi said...

i've always liked angels & demons better than da vinci code. it's more scary. pwede kasi mangyari e. haha!

oh, dont tag me anymore. i've done this =)

Unknown said...

hi baby!=)

geek ka talaga noh!=) hehe.. and that's why you like angels and demons, huh? because of the physics stuff there.

sige, tag me, pero wag q or x, pls. haha

=)=)=)

Unknown said...

chi,
uu nga pwede mangyari. the physics is pretty convincing!ü

baby! sige i hereby tag you with the letter 's'. Ü

grace said...

hi! cool, you were able to do it! i agree with chi, i like angels and demons a lot better than the da vinci code. the latter is overrated, in my opinion.