Thursday, June 29, 2006

yema

Ever since I saw yema being sold at the local cafeteria, I've been having it for dessert during lunchtime. It's such a bestseller that when thursday comes, the cafeteria runs out of it. They normally restock on mondays, but last monday there were still no yema to be found. Needless to say, lunch was not the same.

When wednesday came and still there was no yema (not even crinkles or kettle korn!), I just had to take matters in my own hands. On my way home I bought a box of yema from the MRT station in Cubao. I gave some to Quilin and my siblings, then brought the remaining sixteen pieces to work the following day.

Towards the end of the day, only three were left. A couple of my officemates took one each, which leaves one up for grabs (pinoy na pinoy talaga! ^_^). I had enough yema for a day, so I really wanted to give it away. Then suddenly I thought I'd give it to her, as a sign of good will and a step towards our reconciliation.

I was the last to leave the training room so all my batchmates were waiting at the elevator. I offered up the yema to everyone, then I realized that she was right in front of me. It was strange, finally looking at her in the eye and asking her if she wanted the last yema. Strange, but nice. She smiled, then asked me if I was sure about it. I said yes, and couldn't help but smile back.

At this point our batchmates were all looking at us, with big knowing smiles on their faces. She took the yema, and I walked away to dispose of the empty box.

She went after me and gave me a hug, and I suddenly realized that I was no longer angry or upset, and neither was she.

And so we talked about it, and found out that we just had a bad case of miscommunication. It feels so good to be talking and smiling again. So good that I want to cry. :'D

And the yema was great, even better than the ones they sell in the cafeteria. ^_^

No comments: